My name is Jacquelyn. I’m a wife. I’m a mother. I’m a business woman. And I’m a chef at heart. Or so I like to think.
(I also like to think I’m kind of funny, but that part is debatable.)
I’m a wife and mother first and foremost, and while I would love to stay home and cook all day, there are bills to be paid, so I also work full-time outside the home. Sometimes it’s hard to balance it all, but my family’s health is very important to me. We avoid processed, pre-packaged food at all costs. That’s not to say that we don’t like the odd treat – and you’ll find lots of them on this site – but when we do have treats, I like to make sure that they are completely homemade with no unnecessary additives.
I started this blog as a way to share my recipes, and to prove that it IS possible to cook delicious and healthy, yet simple gourmet food at home – even if you’re a busy working mom like me.
More fun facts:
- I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Say that three times fast.
- I have a very weird obsession with balsamic vinegar (see my other food obsessions here).
- I don’t like meatballs, meatloaf, or cilantro. In fact, I have a bit of a dislike for ground meat in general, so you won’t see me use it much.
- I am a perfectionist. This means that I am extremely critical of my own cooking, and it drives my hubby crazy.
- I could be vegan except for the whole cheese, egg and bacon thing. Which means I’d be a terrible vegan.
Thanks for stopping by!
Jacquelyn - jacquelyn [at] gourmethousewife [dot] com