An Apology and a Peace Offering
I have a million and one excuses as to why I haven’t posted in *gasp* over a month. I’m sure you don’t want to hear them, but I’m going to tell you anyway:
- Hubby got a new job (okay that was in August – lame excuse)
- Day job has been uber, uber busy and leaving me exhausted at night (this one is for real)
- We have a toddler (that really is an excuse in itself, right?)
- Said toddler has been going through a tantrum stage
- Said toddler has also been cutting 2-year-old molars
- Said toddler has also needed ear tubes for the last 8 months, and is finally going to be getting them, so we’ve been going back and forth to doctor’s, specialist’s, and allergist’s appointments
- My site crashed. For real. That one was pretty bad. One day – POOF! – all the content was gone. Not cool.
I haven’t been cooking for all the afore-mentioned reasons (even hubby getting a new job…we’re still adjusting to his schedule!), and it’s pretty hard to post recipes when you have been living off of KD and Mr. Noodle bowls. Unless you’d like step-by-step instructions on how to make KD?
But probably the biggest excuse of all?
Sometimes I get in these ruts. Even though I love to cook and the kitchen is where my heart is, there are times when I feel uninspired and out of ideas. I even had to ask for supper suggestions tonight.
Fortunately for you, I have so many friends who write cooking blogs, and they’re not stuck in a rut right now. So this is my peace offering: a collection of recipes from some great websites, which will hopefully help give YOU some inspiration!
One Skillet Pumpkin Lasagna via The Realistic Nutritionist
Roasted Corn Guacamole via BS’ in the Kitchen
Ginger Fried Tofu via The Gluten Free Vegan
Banana Oat Cupcakes via Cupcake Project
“Mess O’ Golden Fish” in Buttery Lemon Sauce via We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook
Fresh Melon Margaritas via Margaritas in the Rain
Apple Butter with Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits via sweetsugarbean
Forgive me? I promise I’ll be back into the swing of things soon. Until then, hugs and kisses, and thank you, as always, for reading!