Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
What did we do before Pinterest? I’ve found so many neat ideas that I would never have thought of before (I really don’t have an artistic bone in my body).
This recipe inspiration came from Pinterest, and it was perfect because I was looking for a gluten-free dessert for a family anniversary party. I was actually anticipating that these would be very time consuming to make, but they weren’t at all! These are wonderful because you can make them ahead of time, and they’re the perfect summer dessert, especially for those days where you’d rather pluck out every hair on your head with tweezers than turn your oven on.
I used three different toppings for mine: chocolate flakes, toasted coconut, and Skor bits; but I’m pretty sure anything would be amazing on them.
Recipe lightly adapted from The Sweets Life.
- 4 lbs strawberries
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- toppings (such as chocolate flakes, toasted coconut, Skor bits, graham crumbs, etc.)
- Rinse the strawberries well and drain. Cut the top off each strawberry and hollow out the inside. Trim the tip off so that it’s flat and the strawberry will stay upright on a plate.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Place in a piping bag or a Ziploc with the corner cut off.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling into the strawberries. Sprinkle with your topping(s) of choice.