I’m a sucker for whipped cream. And any kind of creamy dessert. It’s like they call my name. This dessert puts the two together and makes all my dreams come true.
Four layers in this puppy: 1) a shortbread bottom with crushed pecans, 2) a cream cheese and icing sugar layer, 3) pistachio pudding, and 4) whipped cream topped with sliced almonds.
But don’t just take my word for it. Make it and find out for yourself!
Yield: 15 servings
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2ND LAYER:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3RD LAYER:
- 1 (6 servings) package pistachio instant pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 4TH LAYER:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put flour and butter into small bowl and mix until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into lightly greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven, then set aside to cool.
- Beat together cream cheese and 1 cup icing sugar. Spread over cooled shortbread crust.
- Beat together pudding mix and milk until thickened (about 3 minutes). Pour over cream cheese layer and chill until firm.
- Beat together cream, vanilla and 2 tbsp icing sugar until thickened. Spread over pudding layer and top with slivered almonds.