I love this recipe because it’s so fresh tasting. In fact, I snacked on it cold last night. But then, I’ll snack on anything cold. Hubby tells me I’m weird. But what else is new?
The part of this dish that takes the most time is separating all the leaves from the cores of the brussels sprouts. After that – it’s easy peasy!
P.S. I always thought it was “brussel sprouts” (singular). Isn’t “brussels sprouts” weird to say?
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit.
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 12-16 large brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated from cores (about 8 cups), cores discarded
- ¾ cup shelled salted, roasted pistachios
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and stir 20 seconds.
- Add brussels sprout leaves and pistachios, and sauté until leaves begin to soften but are still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle lemon juice over. Season to taste with salt and pepper.