Caramel Fudge Skor Cake
As I’ve mentioned before, I developed a major sweet tooth during pregnancy….and the darn thing won’t go away. For those of you suffering from the same affliction, this is the perfect cake for you (or it may not be, if you have an ounce of self-control…which I am clearly lacking).
This recipe incorporates a fudge chocolate sheet cake, holes poked in the cake, a toffee sauce and sweetened condensed milk concoction poured over top to soak in, Skor bar pieces, whipped cream, and more Skor bar pieces. Um. I think my sugar levels soared just writing about it.
I got the inspiration for this recipe from one I saw that used a cake mix, caramel sundae topping, and frozen whipped topping. I figure anything completely homemade has to be a gazillion times better. Besides, the original name for the recipe was “Better Than Sex Cake”….which I won’t comment on and will allow you to decide for yourself. I’m allowed to rename this recipe because I’ve gone the gourmet route and made my own cake, toffee sauce and whipped cream. But you can go either way – I’m sure it will be just as delicious and calorie-packed!!
P.S. I’m eating a piece of this for breakfast as I type. Don’t judge. I had to take a picture didn’t I? Really, it’s all for you.
On to the recipe!
- 1 recipe fudge chocolate cake: http://www.gourmethousewife.com/2011/02/fudge-chocolate-cake/
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Skor bars, chopped
- 1½ cups heavy cream, whipped (with 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tbsp confectioner's sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix batter for fudge chocolate cake in a large bowl. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Poke holes all over the cake with a fork or knife.
- Combine the butter, heavy cream and brown sugar in a small heavy saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil gently over medium-low heat until mixture is slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Pour in sweet condensed milk and stir until blended and heated through. Pour over warm cake, allowing to seep into holes.
- Top with ½ the Skor bar pieces while cake is still warm.
- Allow cake to cool completely, then top with whipped cream. Decorate the top of the cake with the rest of the Skor pieces. Chill until ready to serve.
- Have a piece for breakfast. Actually, don't. That was a rather bad idea on my part.