There isn’t much of a story to this one. I was making pulled pork, and realized I needed/wanted some coleslaw with it. I’m kind of picky with my coleslaw. I like a very simple recipe (hence the name), with lots of celery seed in it.
Hubby doesn’t like coleslaw. He especially hates the restaurant stuff. But even he didn’t mind this, which is saying a lot.
- ½ medium head of cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp sugar (depending on your sweetness preference – I used 1)
- 2 tsp celery seed
- ½ small onion, minced
- freshly ground salt & pepper to taste
- Place shredded cabbage in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, celery seed, onion, and salt and pepper. Pour over cabbage and toss to combine.