Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
I’m a little in love with myself right now. Okay, a lot in love with myself. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but these are just so darn amazing. A few months ago, I made a version of these following a recipe I had found, but they were far too sweet for me, because they included too much brown sugar, and no savory additions to counteract the sweetness. I did some research, revamped, and came up with my own recipe, incorporating butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, and minced garlic – and I’m confident I knocked it out of the park.
I’m just saying.
On a less gloating note, this is a delicious “dress up” of roasted green beans, which are almost as good, but not quite – because bacon makes everything better, right?
- 1½ pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 pound bacon, cut in half crosswise
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 10×15 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Wrap 8 or 9 green beans with a strip of bacon and place in prepared dish. Repeat.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, garlic, and soy sauce. Pour over green beans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bacon and green beans are browned and crispy.