Garlic Butter and Cashew Broccoli
Okay, seriously. Doesn’t the title just sound divine? Believe me, this dish is. All of us have had your plain-old, drab, steamed broccoli. This is a super easy (and very company worthy) way of jazzing up broccoli.
Personally, I don’t think you can ever go wrong with garlic and butter. Your tastebuds will love you.
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com.
- 1½ lbs fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup chopped salted cashews
- Place the broccoli into a large pot with about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Drain, and arrange broccoli on a serving platter.
- While the broccoli is cooking, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Mix in the cashews, and pour the sauce over the broccoli. Serve immediately.