Sweet Potato Pizza with Prosciutto, Onions, and Rosemary
I’ve been thinking about using sweet potato as a pizza topping for a long time. I went searching around and found some inspiration from a few sites. I added my own twist, and voila!
I loved this pizza. Hubby thought it was good, but said he could take or leave the sweet potato. I think you have to really like sweet potato to enjoy this, which I do!
1/4 recipe of Jamie Oliver’s Pizza Dough
1/2 recipe of Best Pizza Sauce
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 medium onion, sliced
2 slices prosciutto, chopped
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
cornmeal for dusting
1. Heat your pizza stone in the oven for 1 hour at the highest temperature. Reduce heat to 475°F. Leave pizza stone in oven while you prepare your ingredients.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions until soft and translucent. Add prosciutto to pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove pizza stone from oven and dust with cornmeal. Roll out pizza dough and place on pizza stone. Bake in preheated oven for 3 minutes.
4. Brush the crust of the pizza with 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Spread dough with pizza sauce. Lay the slices of sweet potato on top of the sauce in a circle, slightly overlapping each piece. Top with onions, prosciutto and rosemary. Drizzle toppings with remaining olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Return to oven for 14-17 minutes.
5. Remove pizza from oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Yield: 1 medium-sized pizza