My L-O-V-E Five
We all have foods we like. And foods we hate. And foods that make us go, “meh”. And then there are the foods we LOVE. And I mean L-O-V-E. The foods that if you were on death row and were requesting your last meal, they would all be on your list. Here’s mine:
1. Balsamic vinegar. I told hubby the other day that I would drink this stuff. He got the most disgusted look on his face and told me that I was gross. And I get that you probably feel the same way. But it’s not your L-O-V-E food. It’s mine. You’re allowed to say weird things about your own L-O-V-E food and I won’t judge you one bit.
2. French baguette. I’m talking fresh stuff. I will eat baguettes plain. Any time of day or night. And I haven’t even had the good stuff from France (which is on my to-do list). When I do, I’m sure I won’t be able to stomach the stuff here.
3. Raw oysters. I realize that they don’t have much flavor on their own. And I realize that the texture probably grosses most people out. And to be honest, I couldn’t explain to you why I love these so much. But I do. So just accept it, okay?
4. Roasted garlic. Warning: You will be condemned to sleep on the couch for the night after having eaten roasted garlic, but it’s so worth it. This, spread on a fresh baguette, is like a piece of paradise on your plate. Enough said.
5. Chèvre (goat cheese). I get obsessive with my L-O-V-E foods. Goat cheese is no exception. I put this stuff on every salad I make (poor hubby). De. Li. Cious.
What’s your L-O-V-E five?